How to Grow Your Engagement Organically
We asked our gal, Calli Cholodenko, and her team at Something Social LA to give their best tips on growing an organic following on social media. They are the pros, after all! Here is what they had to say:
The first thing people usually ask us when they find out we have a social media agency is, “How do I increase my following?” It’s natural to want to grow your fan base & have them engage with you on a regular basis. Today’s digital space can often seem over-saturated with content, people & brands and making yourself stand out can sometimes feel like a daunting task. However, there is space for everyone! In order to help you grow your social accounts & increase your engagement on your platforms, we’re sharing our best insider tips!
- Post quality content. The most important factor in being able to grow your engagement is quality content. // Lighting, lighting, lighting. We can’t say it enough, good lighting is everything when it comes to photography. Once you have good lighting, taking clear non-blurry photos becomes so much easier. Try getting together with some friends to go take photos together at new restaurants or fun places around your city. Our finishing tip: look into one of the many photo editing apps to take your pictures to the next level, our favorites are: Snapseed, VSCO & FaceTune.
- Post consistently. Consistency is key for most things in life, social media is no exception. In order to maintain the audience that you are building, it’s important to keep
- Find similar brands and engage with their active following. Seek out brands that are similar to yours and target their fans by liking and commenting on their pictures. If they are fans of a similar brand, chances are they’ll be fans of yours too!
- Find accounts that you think will regram you. Look up your favorite brands or restaurants who constantly regram users photos. Take a photo that matches their aesthetic and wait til they regram you! Don’t forget to tag them in your photo & geotag the location as well.
- Engage with other users! Find people on Instagram that you can collaborate with to help promote each other. Reach out to brands that you are a fan of and offer to create content for them. Partner up with other users to do a blog post or cross promotion. It is called “social” media after all, so use each platform to your advantage to increase your network & community!
We hope these tips help you increase your engagement! Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to grow at a rapid pace or have as many followers as someone else. One of our favorite quotes is “comparison is the thief of joy.” Do you, have fun with your account & don’t worry about what everyone else is doing.
Follow Something Social!